The TSC has announced four changes to its TSC Return to School Guidance Plan.
- Masks/facial coverings are required to be worn by all students, staff, and school visitors at schools and on school buses. Staff will provide opportunities for students to remove their masks/facial coverings at appropriate times such as when eating or when social distancing is possible.
- Masks are required for co-curricular and extracurricular activities with exceptions of strenuous physical activity.
- Exceptions will be considered for medical purposes, disabilities, exercising, eating, and drinking.
- Students who refuse to wear a mask during the required times at school should enroll in TSC’s virtual option.
- Students who select TSC’s Virtual Academy option are eligible to participate in extracurricular activities such as athletics at their home school. The Indiana High School Athletic Association (IHSAA) and the Indiana Department of Education recently released guidance that allows for students enrolled in their regular school’s virtual option to remain eligible for extracurricular participation.
Extended Deadline for Choosing TSC’s Virtual Learning Option
- The deadline for choosing TSC’s Virtual Academy is extended until Wednesday, July 29 at 11:59 pm. Any enrollments in TSC’s online option after this date will be added to a waitlist.
- The online registration process to be completed by parents within the PowerSchool Parent Portal remains open until July 31. It is very important to the corporation’s planning process that all TSC parents register their child(ren) within the PowerSchool Parent Portal by Friday, July 31.
- Parents who have already completed online registration can make changes to their selection of virtual or in-person instruction until July 29 at 11:59pm.
Revised School Start Date
- The first day of school for students has been moved to Thursday, August 20 to allow the best opportunity for a successful school reopening.
- This extra time allows for necessary changes to adjust master schedules, staff, and student schedules, as well as prepare students for online instruction.
- The revised corporation calendar still reflects the state required 180 days of instruction.
- Click here to see the revised 2020-2021 TSC Corporation Calendar.
The TSC appreciates the community’s patience and understanding as the plan remains fluid and continues to evolve with new guidance and mandates from local and state agencies. If you have any questions please contact your child’s school office.